Mobile Application Testing
Specialist Module – Foundation Level
What is Mobile Application Testing?
The “Mobile Application Testing” Specialist Module of the Certified Tester training scheme provides insight into the basic methods, techniques, and tools used for mobile application testing.
The “Mobile Application Testing Foundation Level” qualification is aimed at the following groups of professionals:
- Professionals experienced in traditional testing methods who want to acquire specific competencies in mobile application testing.
- Junior test professionals wishing to start a career in testing and wanting to know more about the role of testers in developing mobile applications.
- Experienced professionals in their respective roles who need more understanding and knowledge of the management of testing in all phases of mobile projects.
These professionals can work in various roles, such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers, or software developers.
The “Mobile Application Testing Foundation Level”certification may also be suitable for people seeking a deeper understanding of software testing in the mobile world, such as project leaders, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT board members, or management consultants.
A CTFL Mobile Application Tester can …
… understand and review business and technology drivers for mobile apps in order to create a test strategy.
… identify and understand the key challenges, risks and expectations associated with testing a mobile application.
… apply test types and levels specific to mobile applications.
… apply common test types, such as those mentioned in the ISTQB® Foundation Level Syllabus, in the mobile specific context.
… carry out the activities required specifically for mobile application testing as part of the main activities described in the ISTQB® test process.
… identify and use suitable environments and appropriate tools for mobile application testing.
… understand methods and tools used specifically to support mobile application test automation.
Duration and Contents of Accredited Trainings
The training lasts 2 days and covers the following subjects:
- Mobile world – Business and technology drivers
- Mobile application test types
- Common test types and test processes for mobile applications
- Mobile applications platforms, tools and environments
- Automating the test execution
As with the ISTQB® Foundation Level exam, the duration of the exam is 60 minutes (40 multiple-choice questions) and can be taken at a GTB-authorized certification body, with or without prior training. Exam requirement is the Certified Tester Foundation Level certificate.
Mobile Application Testing