Specialist Modules – Foundation Level
The Certified Tester Specialist Module „Acceptance Testing“ connects business analysis with software testing. The focus of the syllabus is on the concepts, methods and practices of collaboration between product owners / business analysts and testers in acceptance testing.
This acceptance testing qualification is aimed at anyone involved in software acceptance testing activities. This includes people in roles such as product owners, business analysts, testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers, and software developers
IT professionals who have passed the “Acceptance Testing” module exam should be able to accomplish the following Business Objectives.
For business analysts and product owners:
- Contribute to an organization’s acceptance testing activities by participating in the acceptance test design phase and supporting the alignment of the product with the business requirements.
- Contribute to the organization of acceptance testing activities, including the process, artifacts, communication, reporting, monitoring, and management of such activities, and collaborate with testers and other relevant stakeholders in this process.
- Contribute to the quality of the acceptance testing process, including validation and verification of produced artifacts.
- Contribute to the definition of acceptance criteria during the requirements definition phase.
- Collaborate efficiently with business analysts and other stakeholders during all acceptance testing activities.
- Understand the business objectives, communicate with business units, and share common objectives for acceptance testing.
IT professionals who have passed the “Acceptance Testing” module exam should be able to demonstrate their skills in the following areas:
- Develop and review acceptance criteria for requirements and/or user stories in a collaborative way
- Apply Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD) techniques for a given scenario
- Apply the Gherkin language for designing acceptance tests for a given scenario
- Organize exploratory testing and beta testing session
- Review business process/rule models specified in BPMN and DMN
- Use business process/rule models specified in BPMN and DMN to create acceptance tests
- Consider usability/user experience, performance efficiency and security in planning and performing acceptance testing
- Collaborate efficiently with relevant stakeholders in acceptance testing activities including defect reporting and analysis and test status reporting
- Select relevant tools for acceptance testing activities
Duration and Contents of Accredited Trainings
The training lasts two days and covers the following subjects:
1. Introduction and Foundations
2. Acceptance Criteria, Acceptance Tests and Experience-Based Practices
3. Business Process and Business Rules Modeling
4. Acceptance Testing for Non-Functional Requirements
5. Collaborative Acceptance Testing
As with the ISTQB® Foundation Level exam, the duration of the exam is 60 minutes (40 multiplechoice questions) and can be taken at a GTB-authorized certification body, with or without prior training. Exam requirement is the Certified Tester Foundation Level certificate.
Syllabi Acceptance Testing
Sample exams Acceptance Testing