Agile Module – Foundation Level
A tester on an project will work differently than one working on a traditionally run (V-model) project. Testers must therefore understand the values and principles that underpin Agile projects, and how testers are an integral part of a whole-team approach, together with developers and business representatives, and must act accordingly.
The Agile Extension will give the tester the knowledge to be part of Agile teams as a test specialist and contribute test expertise to achieve the best possible performance. The key content covered in the syllabus includes:
- Fundamentals of Agile software development
- Aspects of Agile approaches
- Differences between testing in traditional and Agile approaches
- Status of testing in Agile projects
- Role and skills of a tester in an Agile team
- Agile testing methodology
- Assessing quality risks and estimating test effort
- Techniques in Agile projects
- Tools in Agile projects
The certification exam consists of 40 multiple-choice questions. The exam duration is 60 minutes. To be eligible to undertake the Agile Tester Foundation Level Extension certification exam, candidates must first hold the ISTQB® Foundation Level Certificate.
Syllabi Agile Tester
Sample exams Agile Tester